Archive for April 2010
Boy Genius Report claims that they’ve got a confirmation from multiple AT&T sources that the iPhone carrier has put a block on all employee vacations for the month of June. This vacation policy indicates that Apple is likely to release the new iPhone in June. BGR reports: “Same story as…
Source : Mashable (subscribe) Explore : Web 2…
3 UK has just launched a new LG phone dubbed Viewty GT. By the looks of it, this is the LG GT405, showcased by LG back in March.
The Viewty GT features a 3 inch resistive touchscreen display with 240 x 400 pixels, 3G connectivity, A-GPS, Google Maps, Bluetooth, music player, Facebook access, 5MP autofocus camera with LED flash, 60MB of internal memory and MicroSD card support.
Since it’s offered via 3, the LG Viewty GT also comes with Windows Live Messenger and Skype preinstalled (for Skype-to-Skype calls).
You can get the LG Viewty GT from 3 UK for free, if you’re willing to sign an 18-month contract agreement of at least £15 per month.The phone is also available on PAYG for £119.99.
- INQ Chat 3G available in the UK, £99.99 on PAYG
- Skype for Windows Mobile removed from Skype’s website
- Skype 3.0 for Windows Mobile now out of beta
- Skype 3.0 Beta for Windows Mobile released and available for download
- ZTE to make phones for 3 UK, Ireland and Sweden (F102 included)
As you may already know, Android 2.1 updates for the Verizon Droid and for the Milestone are already rolling out.
In Q3, the Motorola BackFlip (for AT&T) and the Motorola Dext (for Asia-Pacific) will also be upgraded to Android 2.1.
Upgrades for the Motorola Devour (pictured above) and the Dext for Europe and Latin America are currently under evaluation.
- Motorola BackFlip with Android announced for Italy
- 20 to 30 Motorola Android smartphones coming this year?
- Motorola Dext / Cliq previewed. Low price apparently confirmed
- #CES2010: Motorola Announces Long-Awaited Backflip Android Device
- Motorola Dext to bring Android to Orange UK in October